"I am always doing what I cannot do yet in order to learn how to do it." Vincent
Van Gogh

Monday, June 4, 2012

Easy Microwaved Box Cake in a Mug

Have you ever craved a piece of cake, but you don't have a cake let alone a piece of one?  Well, fear not dear friend I have an answer to your dilemma (as long as you have a box of cake mix).

What you need:
  • 1 Box of cake mix in your choice (I'm doing white)
  • Water
  • Whisk
  • 1/4 cup measuring cup
  • Coffee mug-necessary for the whole "Cake in a Mug" thing.  I guess you could use something else, but that would totally ruin the point.
  • Topping of choice (I've got strawberries and a cream cheese icing)

First, you want to take your mug and measure out 1/4 cup of cake mix into it like so:

Next you want to (or you should, can't make you but it won't turn out right if you don't) add 1/8 a cup of water to your mug.  I usually just add half the quarter cup cause I'm too lazy to find an 1/8 a cup, if they even make one, so....yeah.

Take your little whisk and whisk it together.  It should have a pudding like consistency.
Like so.  
Next put in your microwave and cook for two minutes on half power.


Allow it to cool for a bit and add some toppings (I tried to take a pic but there was too much glare, but you can see my topping ;).


And enjoy...
Pssst...don't forget coffee ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for leaving a comment. I LOVE comments!